Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Heineman 8th Grade Dance 2014

I went to Catholic School. School dances were a big no-no and my school only had one the entire time I went there, when I was in 7th grade and I didn't even go. Once I became a teacher in a middle school in Elmhurst, I realized how big of a deal the 8th grade dance really was! At that school, a note had to go home informing parents that formal dress, tuxedos, and limousines were prohibited from the dance. What?!?!?! As a 23 year old newlywed, I couldn't even imagine a parent making that big of a deal about an 8th grade dance.  Fast forward 17 years to my very own 8th grader getting ready for his big night.

I had been drafted by a friend to be part of the photography area of the dance, as well as the photographer for the night. Gee, thanks Toni! ;)  Lots of planning and work went into it for weeks before the dance just for our little area. The other committees really had their hands full. As we were decorating our areas, I just couldn't imagine how it would all come together but lo and behold, it did. I was blown away by the creativity of these parents and the sheer will power to get it done in the 5 hours we had to decorate. 

The kids all seemed to have a great time and I really hope they enjoyed their night. Here is just a sampling of some of the great pictures the kids were taking all night!










I'm looking forward to next year when its my daughter's turn at the dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment