Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hanna (John) | Newborn

So in the spirit of full disclosure, this next little guy is actually my nephew! My baby sister has become a mom! It is definitely surreal to me but it was a ton of fun to photograph him because I could do whatever I wanted. The bad part of it was that because he was so new (4 days) there was a houseful of people clamoring to see him including 7 adults, 7 kids, 2 dogs plus a couple of visitors that stopped by for a bit mid shoot.  Just typical Pannaralla (my maiden name) craziness!

Here are a couple of my favorite shots of the day:

I am such a sucker for Chevron!

John's full name is Hanna Yousef Akroush. His dad's family is Jordanian and Hanna is a family name. This little guy's grandfather to be specific. It is their tradition to name boys after the grandfather. Hanna translates to John in English so that's what all of us Irish folks call him!
 

My whole family, especially my sister and mom, are huge Chicago White Sox fans so there was no question about whether or not we were getting some baseball shots in!

Nothing beats a good Black and White. 

This was one of the last shots of the day and I was afraid I didn't get it! We were losing light fast so my older sister was being "the light from heaven" as she named herself and was using my reflector to get me a little light. There was absolute madness going on as my 3 year old nephew really wanted to love on his new cousin and my dogs wanted in on the action too. Suddenly, John falls asleep and then lets out this adorable little newborn smirk. Swoon.  I was completely in love! <3

Since he is now almost 5 months old (I'm only a little behind on my blog!) there will be some updated pics coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment